Faasley has been a peculiar band. A 3-piece alt Hindi rock act based in Mumbai, the members of the band have spent most of their time together as band away from each other. Working on their debut single ‘Iraade’, the band used Whatsapp to share ideas with each other and used stem files to give structure to it. We got in touch with the band to know more about them. Read below!
1. Tell us a bit about your band. How did it form?
Faasley is a collaboration of Varun
2. Which bands/artists were your first love and who is your biggest influence?
The members of the band grew up listening to bands like Coldplay, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Steven Wilson and have been highly influenced by the Indian classical and Bollywood music scene.
3. You are working on your debut EP. Tell us a bit about it. What are the challenges that you’re facing?
We are currently in the writing and recording stage of our E.P. As 21-year-olds right out of college, the process of making an E.P is a huge learning experience revolving around songwriting and music production, One of the main challenges and learning experiences of the band were to let go of the songs in order to make better ones. It has been a big leap for us
4. What was your music making and recording process like for your first single, “Iraade”, since all three of you were in different places?
The process of working on our first single has been quite a ride for all 3 of us. Working on
5. Why do you make music? What drives you as a band and what are your songs about?
The main driving force for us to make music is to share our experiences, influences and to motivate and help people overcome various situations in life.
6. Which Indian bands or artists do you admire?
We admire and love various artists from the independent music scene like The local Train, Alif, Parvaaz, Karsh Kale, Anoushka Shankar, Ankur
7. What’s your take on the independent Music scene in India?