The inaugural IndieMusicFilmFest (IMFF) 2021 celebrates visual storytelling in music and is open to filmmakers across India who have made films on musicians and their ecosystems. Brought to you by The Indian Music Diaries and Instrupad, we’re looking to work with music filmmakers across different cities throughout the country and are looking at this film fest as a way to engage and open a dialogue with them on their film-making pursuits. We welcome filmmakers to submit films in all forms – short films, music videos, animated videos which center Independent musicians and their creations.
We encourage you to submit WIP concepts also which explore the potential of delving deeper into your subject. Entries can be submitted till February 28, 2021 via this Google form. The film can be of any duration.
How to Register?
Entries can be submitted till February 28, 2021 via this Google form. The film can be of any length.
We’re looking for films from these broad categories:
1) Documentary films : Subject based filmmaking
2) Music Playthrough Videos : Audio and video tracking of song performances
3) Concept Videos : Experimental audio/video films.
4) Animated and Illustrated films on music
You have to submit:
1) The concept note about the film in not more than 1000 words.
2) The film maker’s note – about yourself in not more than 500 words.
3) A link to the film on YouTube or Vimeo
Selected entries will be invited to submit:
1) A downloadable version of the film via Google Drive or WeTransfer
2) A short preview trailer cut for promotions.
The ‘IndieMusicFilmFest’ and ‘Indiemusic Diaries’ logos will be added to this preview.
Selected films will be available for viewing and discussion on Instrupad’s YouTube channels
and on The Indian Music Diaries (TIMD) Discord channel From March 5 to 7, 2021.